* Christmas Greetings
* Nominations for Qld Teams 2013.
* Over 60 State Carnival 2013 - Registrations now open.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR
The committee of Qld Masters Hockey wish all our players and supporters a very Happy Christmas and a wonderful 2013.
We look forward to working with you to improve and develop Masters Hockey in queensland in 2013 and beyond. Below are some important dates for your Calendar in 2013:
March 8/9/10 - Over 60 State Carnival on the Sunshine Coast.
May 3-6 - Over 35,45 and 55 State Championships in Townsville. Please note that this is no longer a Long Weekend due to state Gov't Legislation so please make arrangements re work commitments accordingly.
May 25/26 - Over 40 State Championships in Warwick.
June 15/16 - Over 50 State Championships on the Sunshine Coast.
NOMINATIONS FOR QLD TEAMS 2013
Nominations for a Qld TEam in 2013 to contest the National Titles in Sydney from 23 Sept to 5 Oct are now open. Please be aware that the dates for the National Championships are a week earlier than normal in 2013 so please make your work arrangements accordingly. The National Championsihps correspond exectly with the Qld State School Holidays.
To Nominate for a Qld Team in 2013 Click Here
OVER 60 STATE CARNIVAL 2013.
The Qld Over 60 State Carnival will be held on the Sunshine Coast on 8/9/10 March 2013.
COST: $45 which includes the welcome dinner Friday night, a BBQ Sat Night, Umpire costs and First Aid. Partners are welcome to the Dinner Friday Night at an extra cost of $20 and or the BBQ Sat night at an extra cost of $10.
For more information please click here:
REGISTRATIONS are now open for this carnival.
All players aged 60+ years in 2013 are welcome to participate.
The format of this carnival (not a State Championship) will be as follows:
1. Players will register as individuals and pay a registration fee which will include a welcome dinner Friday night and a BBQ Sat evening.
2. Teams will be selected from registered players taking into account playing positions, age and experience. As far as possible teams will be of equal standard. GK may need to play for more than one team
3. It is hoped that there are 5 teams and every team will play each other once.
4. There will be no finals and no "winners".
5. Umpires will be provided but there will be no tech bench, no team cards etc.
6. State selectors will be present to choose the Qld Over 60, 65 and 70 teams for 2013. The selectors will also be at the Over 55 Championships in Townsville where players who choose not to attend the Over 60 carnival will also be eligible for selection to a Qld team. The purpose of the carnival is to encourage as many players as possible who are Over 60 to participate in a State Carnival. An Over 60 carnival has been requested by the Over 65 and Over 70 players for a number of years as they find it difficult to participate in the Over 55 championships.
The weekend will be both a social event providing an opportunity to meet and play with players from around the State as well as a weekend of tough but friendly Hockey competition.
This will be held Friday night and is an opportunity for all players to socialise before the games commence on Saturday. At this dinner the teams for the weekend will be announced and it will be an opportunity to meet your new team members. Spouses are welcome and the cost of the dinner will be included in your registration. Spouses will of course pay for the dinner only.
TO REGISTER: This is not a nomination for selection to a Qld team - please go to the Nominations page of the website for that form.
Please CLICK HERE
PLEASE NOTE: Until your payment has been received, your registration will not be accepted - no exceptions.
Please spread the word amongst your Over 60 Hockey colleagues as it is hoped that many players who do not currently participate in State Championships will be encouraged to be involved.